Sunday, January 16, 2011

"I" am they, just as "She" is you

I always knew something was different about me, but never in my mind did I think I would be confessing to this.

  • What will they think of me?
  • Will they realize that I'm just plain old me?
  • No matter what, I'm still me, right?
  • Will they treat me any differently?
  • Will my family still love me?
I tried to fix it; I tried to be "normal" like everyone else. I tried to fit my "role". But I can't change it, it is what i am, it's who I am.
I mean it's not like I woke up one day and decided to be this. I don't get what's so wrong about it anyway. I'm a human being just like everyone else.
They're all probably going to think something's wrong with me. I can hear them now.
"What made you change? Did something happen to you? You had such a bright future ahead of you."
Or like I'm nasty or something. I know I used to feel disgusting, gross, sickening even. I knew it wasn't "right". I would try to forget it, ignore it; pretend it wasn't even there. I thought it was just some phase all of us go through. But then....i noticed that, that phase was turning into reality.
The truth is I think deep down I've always been like this and I already knew. It's just who I am.

- "Mom? Dad?.......Meet my girlfriend."

For: all the girls who have problems with being a lesbian (and guys who have a problem with being gay).
Memo: there isn't anything wrong with who you are. Learn to accept it, and what others think doesnt matter one single bit. It may be hard, but you'll pull through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment